Attention NEIT Customers: After further evaluation and monitoring of the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), NEIT is implementing additional measures to minimize the risk to our employees and customers by adjusting our operational practices based on the recommendations outlined by the CDC.
We have taken the following actions:
- Closed our retail office to the public effective November 12, 2020 until further notice.
- Provided guidance to determine risk of COVID-19 within our organization.
- Shared best practices for minimizing the risk of infection with employees and have directed them to helpful resources.
- Developed a plan should an employee contract COVID-19 to isolate and minimize risk of spreading.
- Adjusted operational procedures to conduct risk assessments.
What this means for you:
- As of November 12, 2020, NEIT’s business office at 800 S. Main St. in Monona, IA will be closed to the public until further notice. Staff will continue to maintain business operations during normal business hours. Customers should contact us via telephone (563-539-2122) or email (email@example.com) to sign up for new service or with questions about your account.
- Customers who typically come into our office to make payment on their accounts will instead need to
- Mail your payment; must be received by the 20th of the month
- Drop off your payment in our drop box at our Monona office
- Pay your bill online with Online Bill Pay at https://www.neitel.com/viewpay-bill/ – call customer service for assistance if needed
- Pay by phone with credit or debit card by calling 563-539-2122
- Any reports of service issues should be made to NEIT’s 24-7 technical support center, at 888-740-4824. Technical support will escalate the issue if they are unable to resolve it, and NEIT staff will be in contact to determine a plan of action to restore service.
- Prior to any installation or trouble dispatch, our Customer Service Department will be required to question if anyone at the service location:
- has traveled to known areas with the COVID-19 outbreaks;
- currently show signs of acute respiratory illness or fever; or
- been placed under self-isolation or quarantine.
- If there are no potential risks, an appointment will be scheduled and a technician will be dispatched. If there is a change in the health status before the appointment, customer should contact our office immediately.
- If there are potential risks, our technicians will work with the customer to remotely correct the trouble or an appointment will be made once the potential risk has been clear for at least 24-hours.
- All company-owned equipment (set top boxes, switches, etc.) being returned to NEIT should be placed in designated container located at our office.
NEIT is committed to the health and safety of our customers and our employees and we appreciate your attention and understanding regarding this important matter.
David Byers, COO