NEIT takes pride in being locally-owned and operated. The Company and its staff remain focused on providing high-quality, personalized communications services with responsive customer service and support. Over 110 years of experience guide NEIT today.
IMPORTANT MOMENTS IN NEIT HISTORY
• Incorporated January 24, 1903 as Luana Monona Telephone Company
• First manager, J. H. Schmitt, appointed January 17, 1942
• Purchased the Farmersburg Telephone Company July 5, 1960 for $700. Changed name to Luana-Monona-Farmersburg Telephone Company
• July 21, 1961, first full time manager, Donald Gray, hired
• Purchased St. Olaf telephone exchange March 20, 1967
• Changed company name to Northeast Iowa Telephone Company, September 1969
• December 1, 1980 new digital DMS-10 switch cut over
• Cable TV construction begins fall of 1982, Service turned up to Monona March 1983, service was turned up in Luana in the fall of 1983
• November 1987 new cable TV system turned up in Farmersburg
• January 1988 board votes to buy stock in Iowa Network Services (INS)
• Summer 1988 fiber optic cable buried to St. Olaf bringing cable TV to their community
• Dial-up internet service offered in 1997
• Purchased Craft Phone Service in Decorah in 2000. Allows Northeast Iowa Telephone Co. to offer phone systems, customer premise wiring, and networking to all of Northeast Iowa
• Spring 2001, begin to offer PCS services through Iowa Wireless
• Spring 2001, offers wireless internet service to customers throughout Northeast Iowa under the NEiTstream brand
• Winter of 2001, begin to offer High Speed DSL internet to customers in Monona, Luana, St. Olaf and Farmersburg
• March 2006 announces name change to neit along with a new modern logo
• May 15, 2006 construction begins on new neit offices in Monona
• June 2010, Construction begins on Fiber-to-the-Home networks in Farmersburg, Luana and St. Olaf.
• September 2011, NEIT Digital Television launches, allowing standard and high-definition programming to be delivered over the copper and fiber-optic network to customers within as well as outside the city limits of Monona, Farmersburg, Luana and St. Olaf.